The process of commissioning an art piece from me is very easy, intuitive, and accommodating of whatever your relationship to art is.. Whether you are an avid art collector with a very specific aesthetic in mind, easy going and ready for whatever I make, or you are new to the collection process and uncertain of the look you want, I'm able and excited to create a piece for you. Start the process by emailing me at cataphantmakes (@) gmail dot com.
There are many different reasons clients choose to commission an art piece from me. Nearly all of them connect with my themes of mental wellness and the stories behind the process. Others are seeking to commemorate an important season/person/or place in their life. Though my work is abstract, there is a method I use to capture these commemorations in a way that the intuition can feel through the piece.
- Paintings take anywhere from 2 weeks to 1 month to make, depending on the materials.
- Commissioned artwork costs $2 a square inch, plus shipping (shipping can be anywhere from $5 to $40 depending on size/weight of the piece).
- I do not create figurative, observational, or copy of another artist's style type of work.
- If you would like a replica or a similar version of an already-made piece of mine, that is 100% possible.
- Pieces are made on a wood panel with a cradle frame on the back or on sturdy, thick paper. Paper pieces cost less because they are cheaper to ship.
- I will give frequent updates on progress to ask your opinion, if you'd like any changes. How many check ins there are is up to you.
- If you have ANY further questions about the process, I am absolutely willing to answer anything with patience and kindness. Please feel free to email me - cataphantmakes @ gmail . com.
- Before piece is started, I will work with you to create a customized payment & check in schedule as well as come up with a general design to your liking.
- After that, a contract will be sent for you to sign and date.
- Generally, half the payment is due at first check-in and the rest due when it is complete. Other payment plans are available, but all $$ must be received before painting is delivered.
- Invoices are sent through PayPal.
- Prices are currently and firmly set at $2 per square inch.
Refunds & Returns
Payments are non-refundable and paintings are non-returnable. If you are uncertain of your budget, please wait to commission a piece. Check-ins are there to ensure that you are satisfied with your painting and have ample opportunity to give input and direction. I will gladly work with you to create your painting to the fullest satisfaction as well as payment plans.
For customers that are not local, shipping options are available. Shipping can cost anywhere between $45-80 depending on size and weight.
FedEx ground ~4 days
Tracking number provided
If you are interested in commissioning a painting or have any questions, please email me at cataphantmakes @ gmail.com